Tuesday, February 18, 2014

About Time

I guess it is safe to say that I am very good at over-procrastination. . .  this is yet again another late post. I promise I won't make it a habit, though. I recently watched the movie, About Time, with Rachel McAdams and Domhnall Gleeson. I wanted to see it for a while, but life got in the way. We've had quite a bit of time off from the snow here in New England, so I finally got to watch it.

It was very different from what I expected. I thought it would be more of a romantic comedy. It started out very lighthearted with awkward moments and jokes, and then a little more than halfway through, it got dark. The movie begins with Tim (Domhnall Gleeson) finding out from his father (Bill Nighy) that the men in their family can travel in time. Over the course of several years, Tim navigates his life through redoing his mistakes with Mary (Rachel McAdams) and shaping his life to be what he wants it to be. He learns the hard way that you can't change everything; you have to live with certain choices in life.




It was a very heartwarming story that makes you think about what you would do and how you would change your life if you could time travel. I would definitely recommend watching it, especially if you are a lover of British accents and former Harry Potter actors. Here is the trailer:


If you liked this post, share and follow this blog. For more movie reviews and other cool stuff, follow me on Pinterest!


0 comments :

Post a Comment