Thursday, March 13, 2014

Healthy Packaged Snacks


photo 1.JPG


photo 2.JPGWhen it comes to eating healthy, eating packaged snacks is like making a deal with the Devil. It's the gateway to cake and ice cream. The horror! Not all processed and packaged food are your enemy. In one of my many trips to Target last week (I practically live there), I saw Angie's Boom Chicka Pop white cheddar popcorn and I was like, "Is this heaven?"  It's just like Smartfood, but with better nutritional values. It has less carbohydrates and calories, but still has that delicious cheesy flavor.


photo 3.JPGAs I continued to walk down the snack aisle, I found my favorite chocolate candies. I could hear the twix bars calling my name, but I picked up Brookside's dark chocolate covered goji with raspberry flavors. I had tried the blueberry and pomegranate ones before and loved them, so I grabbed the goji ones to try. They are so addicting! I never knew that something chocolatey could be healthy for you! It comes in a resealable bag, so they are the perfect snack for on the go; you can just stick the bag in your purse!



My final purchase was Snackwell's fudge drizzled caramel popcorn. Just the name of the snack makes my mouth water. Each package is 130 calories and gives you a good enough amount that you feel satisfied after eating, especially when eating it with water. This snack is great for lunches or if you are running errands and need a quick pick me up in between meals. Snackwell also has white and milk chocolate covered pretzel and caramel drizzled popcorn, so you can vary your snacking!
photo 4.JPG


Overall, the snacks are very delicious! My only con of them is that they are more expensive, so it isn't easy to eat healthy on a budget, but they weren't outrageously priced! If you are looking for more healthy packaged snacks, definitely check Target's snack aisle. They have the junk food there too, but you can tell by the packaging usually if it's healthy. If you know of any other healthy snacks worth trying, let me know in the comments!


Please share and follow The Daily Doozy in the links below! Come back tomorrow for St. Patty's Day Outfits!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments :

Post a Comment