Monday, February 10, 2014

Top 6: Romantic Comedies

My guilty pleasure is watching romantic comedies, or rom coms. I know that their outcomes are completely unrealistic and would never happen in real life, but they are so addicting to watch. No matter how cheesy they can be, I can't help but watch them and wish I was the girl that gets the wicked attractive guy. Sadly, life doesn't work that way, so I like to live vicariously through the characters. There are so many to choose from, but here are my 6 favorite rom coms.

1. Easy A
Any movie with Emma Stone is worth watching. Add in a church-obsessed, pre-breakdown Amanda Bynes, the sarcastic wit of Emma and Dan Byrd, the over exaggeration of promiscuity, and the cute, quiet Penn Badgley, and you've got a winner movie.


2. A Cinderella Story
Who can resist Chad Michael Murray in a prince getup? This "tale as old as time" re-imagined in a southern California high school makes any girl jealous during the rainstorm scene. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this movie and it never gets old.  


3. The Proposal
I seriously love this movie for so many reasons. Betty White in her native american outfit? Ryan Reynolds naked? Sandra Bullock making a fool of herself? YES. This movie has it all.


4. Letters To Juliet
There's no place more romantic than Verona, Italy and nothing more attractive than British accents, so basically, this movie has it all. I love Amanda Seyfried and Vanessa Redgrave, as well as the characters' quest to find "Romeo". It's such a heartwarming story that makes you want to visit Juliet's wall and find your true love.



5. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
I've been watching this movie since I was young. I loved the whole premise of having a huge family that was involved in your love life. I'm sure it sucks in real life, but it made for some very memorable moments and hilarious one-liners.



6. Valentine's Day
You can't talk about rom coms for Valentine's Day without mentioning Valentine's Day. I love movies with intertwining stories, and with all the big stars, it is the perfect movie. Who doesn't love Ashton Kutcher as the sweet, supportive best friend or Anne Hathaway as a secret sex phone operator? This movie is definitely a winner.


If you liked this post, share and follow this blog. For more movies and other cool stuff, follow me on Pinterest! Stay tuned for more Valentine's Day Posts later this week!

0 comments :

Post a Comment