Monday, June 2, 2014

My Netflix Obsessions


 I'm sure most of you have caught the Netflix bug like I have, and spend all of your waking moments watching season after season of the shows you never had time to watch when they aired. I have spent countless hours bingeing on shows when I should have been studying for a test or getting ready for work. It's just so addicting. Since opening an account, I've gone through 4 series and several movies in a few short months. I'm sure everyone has an opinion to what shows are best on Netflix, but here are my favorites.

Orange Is The New Black

Source: Comingsoon.net

To be honest, at first, I wasn't a huge fan of the show. I'm no pansy when it comes to vulgarity, but this show is pretty crude and rude. It's not for the lighthearted. Once you get over the consistent profanity and gross humor, you come to realize how awesomely entertaining Orange is. There is never a dull moment in series and the flashbacks really add depth to the characters, something inconsistent in a raunchy drama like this one. You really learn to love and hate every character for the actions and decisions they have made. I'm currently hating on Chapman's recent antics, but loving Nikki and Alex together! It's unlike any other TV show on screen or online and definitely worth your time. There are only 13 episodes in the first season, but season two comes out on June 6th!

Gossip Girl


Alright, if you haven't heard of Gossip Girl, you must be living under a rock. What is more enticing than watching a show about the lives of privileged Upper East Side teens who obsess over a social media stalker site? It may sound dumb, but it is addicting from the very first episode. You really feel for all the characters and just want them to be happy. They get caught up in unbelievable messes and strange situations that can only be imagined. I know I would definitely want to raid Serena van der Woodsen's closet and live Blair Waldorf's life for at least a day. From the hot guys, the amazing clothes, and the crazy lives of Manhattan's elite, this show has it all, and more. This was the first series I binged on and I think I may watch it start to finish again! It's just too good to not watch, and the drama and suspense of knowing who Gossip Girl is makes it worth it.


Greek

This is another favorite of mine on Netflix. I was always fascinated by the greek system and preppy sorority antics on the show. It follows Casey whose little brother, Rusty, is a freshman at her college. She is on the track of becoming president of her sorority with the best boyfriend on campus when her nerdy brother decides to join greek life and the senator's daughter, Rebecca, tries to make Casey's life hell. It sounds really catty upon first glance, but it is a really well thought out and heartwarming show about friends, family, and everything in between. It has the perfect combination of drama, love, friendship, partying, and southern sass. I wish I had best friends like Ashley and Calvin, like Casey and Rusty do. To be honest, this show makes me so excited to join greek life in college.


Parenthood

Source: Hooked On Houses

This show makes me want to have a big family like the Bravermans do. Based on the 1989 movie of the same name, Parenthood shows the trials and tribulations of a large family in Northern California. A war vet and his wife have four adult children with families of their own that go through their daily lives, fighting their personal struggles. The oldest son, Adam, has a wife, teenage daughter, and a son newly diagnosed with Asperger's. The oldest daughter, Sarah, just moved back into her parent's house after a failed marriage with two teenage children. The younger son, Crosby, is a longtime bachelor with a recently discovered son with a former flame. The youngest daughter, Julia, is a successful lawyer, wife, and mother of one struggling for another child. As most families do, they fight hard and love even harder. The family deals with everything from infidelity, sickness, and drama to family business deals and stressful daily routines. I highly recommend this show. It's very heartwarming and one of the best ensembles on TV. This September starts the last season of the show, so add Parenthood to your queue so you are caught up when the final season starts!


I hope you enjoyed this post and have a few new shows to watch on Netflix! You won't be disappointed by any of them! If you liked this post, please share and follow The Daily Doozy in the links below!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. I binged on GG and Greek, and last year on OSTNB. Im rewatching the whole 1st season this week so i can be prepared for the season 2 this friday!
    xo
    Orly
    coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shows are so addicting! I just finished Orange, so I'm ready for season 2 tomorrow!

      Delete