Sunday, January 19, 2014

Delta Rae

Hello! So, for the first Song Sunday ever, I thought I would feature a relative newcomer: Delta Rae. They are an American folk rock band that formed at Duke University in 2009. The band is made up of 3 siblings: Ian Hölljes (vocals and guitar), Eric Hölljes (vocals, guitar, piano and keys) and Brittany Hölljes (vocals), as well as Elizabeth Hopkins (vocals), Mike McKee (percussion) and Grant Emerson (bass guitar). They released their self-titled EP in 2010 and released their debut album Carry The Fire in 2012. On November 19th, they released the EP Chasing Twisters and plan to release a second album later this year.

I came across their single "Run" and I love it. It has such an upbeat tune and positive lyrics that make it very catchy. I hope more people hear how awesome Delta Rae is so they become successful and make it on the radio. I think it is only a matter of time before they become mainstream. Maybe "Run" will be one of the songs of the summer! You should definitely visit their website. They are on tour right now until the end of April, so if you can, check them out. Leave a comment or contact me on your thoughts of Delta Rae. 




0 comments :

Post a Comment