Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Fitness Pal

Source: 10kstepsaday
Like all women, I haven't been the happiest with my body lately. I'm not anorexic or bulimic, or anything, but I have noticed that I've put on weight and I want to get healthier. I looked on iTunes and found the perfect app for getting in shape.
The app, My Fitness Pal, is a food diary/ nutritional tracker/ goal setter for losing weight and keeping healthy. It counts your calories and tracks your workouts so you can hit a calorie goal every day. If you maintain that calorie goal, you will lose or gain between 0.5-2.0 pounds a week. You set a goal weight and your current weight and it tells you how long it will take to reach the goal. So far, it's been going well. It's really easy to use and has a simple design, which I like. 

I don't know if I'm weird, or what, but I really enjoy using it and I look forward to entering my food and fitness information every day. It's really cool to see my efforts working. When I weigh myself and my weight drops, it's so weird to think that just counting my calories is affecting my health so much. This app makes it easy to control my eating without obsessing over losing weight and limiting my eating habits. Even if you're not looking to lose or gain weight, it's great for maintaining your weight, as well. It also has the capability of connecting with friends to motivate you on your fitness journey!

The only bad thing I can say about it is that it doesn't calculate the calories burned from strength training. I like to lift more than I like running, so most of my burned calories from exercise are from lifting. On that part, it is a bit inaccurate for my calorie counting, but it's one of the best apps I've tried. 


The app can be found in the App store for Apple, Android, and Windows devices. It's free, too, which is my favorite kind of app. It also has a feature that connects it to other apps like Couch to 5K, Map My Run, Map My Ride, and many more. So if you already have fitness apps, this one is easy to integrate. 

Let me know what fitness apps you use! If you liked this post, please share and follow The Daily Doozy in the links below.

 Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments :

Post a Comment