Monday, April 7, 2014

My Favorite Disney Movies

Surprise! This week is Disney Week! I love everything Disney and this was the perfect theme for a pick me up on The Daily Doozy! I have so many ideas planned for this week. I'm so excited! I think I'm going to do more theme weeks because they are fun for me and I think they help me put out great content.

Today, I have a list of my favorite Disney movies. I remember watching these movies over and over again, and wanting to be all of the characters. As I've gotten older, I can't help but continue to be excited when I watch these movies. It brings back great memories and reminds me of the carefree days (Oh, how I miss those).

The Lion King
The Lion King is probably my favorite movie of all time, to be honest. I always loved singing along to "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" and wishing that I could climb Pride Rock. Lions are also my favorite animal, so basically, this movie has it all for me. Plus, I just couldn't deal with the sassiness of Timon.



Cinderella

This is by far my favorite classic princess movie. I think I've watched it at least 100 times. (I'm not joking). I remember always being bored during the 10 minute long credits; I was just too pumped for the magic! My favorite part was when the stepsisters and Lady Tremont kept calling Cinderella a million times for their breakfasts. I don't know why it was my favorite, but it was. And of course, Prince Charming was as dashing as ever.




The Little Mermaid

The Little Mermaid was another movie that I binge-watched. I always watched it before I took my afternoon naps when I was younger and I remember one time that my dad forced me to stop the movie in the middle of it for my nap and I was so mad. I refused to sleep during my nap, and as soon as he let me come downstairs, I watched it again. It sounds like a lame story, but hey, I was five and I wanted to watch Ariel get legs. I always liked the part when Ursula turns into that girl and Eric almost marries her on the boat. You gotta love that fairy tale moment!


Frozen

I know this just came out in December, but this seriously is one of Disney's best movies. I'm seventeen years old and I've seen this movie four times since it was released. Not to mention the fact that I listen to the Frozen channel on iTunes Radio and belt it out when I hear "Let It Go" in the car. It not only has an awesome story and a cool location (literally), it has an unbelievably powerful message. And if you can't tell from my movie review of Frozen, the "Let It Go" raving I've done, and my correctly guessed Grammy nominee predictions, I freaking love Frozen. I can't even describe my love for Olaf.





Beauty and the Beast

Beauty is definitely in my top for many reasons. Belle is a brunette and she was the first princess to be brunette, so I was feeling the brunette loving. Secondly, Belle loves to read books and I do too. And finally, the rose was an important symbol and plot point in the movie and my middle name is Rose, so I felt a connection. Clearly, I read way too much into this movie and get too emotionally involved. (Sometimes I forget that I didn't actually do all of the things the characters did!) I think my favorite part was when Belle came out in the beautiful yellow gold dress and the Beast became a hot prince.

There are so many more awesome Disney movies out there that I love, (Shoutout to The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Meet the Robinsons, and The Princess and the Frog!) but these would have to be my all time favorites. Let me know what your favorites are!

If you liked this post, share and follow The Daily Doozy in the links below! Stay tuned tomorrow for Disney Princess inspired workout gear and Marathon weekend at Walt Disney World! Come back all this week for Disney magic!


Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments :

Post a Comment