Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sarah Fit - Get Skinny Again!

If you haven't heard of Sarah Dussault yet, you soon will be. Sarah is a health and fitness guru from Boston. She is a certified personal trainer that has made getting young women back into shape her mission. Back in college, Sarah struggled with her fitness and keeping off the freshman 15, leading her to start her blog, Sarah Fit, and her YouTube channel, Sarah Fit.


Recently, Sarah wrote a book, Sarah Fit - Get Skinny Again, for college girls to get their bodies back in shape after gaining weight from the dining halls. The book is full of workout routines, meal ideas, and juice recipes to Get Skinny Again! From cardio workouts, ab exercises, and stretching techniques to yummy breakfast recipes and healthy weight loss advice, Sarah really makes it easy to get in shape and stay fit. A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be contacted by Sarah to do a review of her book!


If you couldn't tell already, I love the book! The book is split into 3 sections: fitness workouts, eating clean, and living the fit life. She makes getting and staying healthy simple with tips for healthy eating, keeping yourself on track, motivating you, and countless workouts to do. I'm always looking for new exercise routines to spice up my gym time and I find this book perfect for that. She literally has a workout for whatever you are trying to improve. You want a firmer butt? Try her workout plan, Lift Your Butt, and repeat her 5 simple moves for a booty like Beyoncé. You want to get stronger? Follow her three different options for strength training. Not only does she have workouts for the gym, she has many you can do at home. Only have 10 minutes? There are no more excuses that you don't have time to workout because Sarah has several different workouts that take 10 minutes or less. 


Me doing the Physioball Jacknifes
My sister and I tried one of her 10 minute workouts, Flat Abs, and let me tell you, I felt the burn. There are 8 moves to this workout:
  • Forearm Plank, 1 minute
  • Toe Touches, 20 reps
  • Physioball Jacknifes, 20 reps
  • Shin Slaps, 10 each side
  • Physioball Pikes, 10 reps
  • Forearm Plank, 1 minute
  • Teasers, 8
  • Scissors, 20 crisscrosses


My sister doing the shin slaps
I was still sore a couple days after I did this workout; that's how good it is! I have added to my workout routine so I can get awesomely defined abs like Sarah has. It's hard to do some of the exercises, like the physioball ones. It takes a little practice to balance yourself on the ball before even starting the exercise. 

Overall, I highly recommend Sarah's book. She knows a lot about health and fitness, but keeps it simple for those of us who need help to get healthy. Anyone who is looking for a little help in the fitness department should get this book and become a pro at shaping your body. You can find her book at Barnes and Noble and Amazon! It makes the perfect gift for your girlfriends or a special treat for yourself!

For even more of Sarah's expertise, follow her on all of her social media links!

YouTube: Sarah Fit
Facebook: Sarah Fit Fan
Tumblr: Sarah Fit


Please share and follow The Daily Doozy in the links below! Come back tomorrow for my top Woman Crush Wednesdays!


Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment :

  1. I love this blog and can't wait to start following your new blog. I'm always looking for tips on eating healthy and getting in exercise.interesting!

    ReplyDelete